Make it fun!
Teach kids to save energy
1. The United States uses nearly a million dollars of energy each minute!
2. The amount of energy Americans use doubles every 20 years.
3. Google accounts for roughly 0.013% of the world’s energy use. It uses enough energy to continuously power 200,000 homes.
4. Cooling and heating costs make up approximately 1/2 of an average U.S. home’s total energy bill.
5. Albert Einstein defined energy as mass multiplied by the speed of light squared, or e=mc2.
Georg Simon Ohm was able to define the fundamental relationship between voltage, current, and resistance. Check out this student-friendly website from the U.S. Energy Information Administration to learn more about Ohm's Law and other famous people. It provides students with the opportunity to learn about energy while improving research and reading skills along with various games and activities.